Friday, September 9, 2011

A variety of happenings

Today I went into Borders, the bookstore that is closing. I have to admit that it was pretty bleak looking,seeing all those empty shelves. I am a lover of books and so for me there is something forlorn about seeing a bookstore emptying out. A part of me knows that all those books are going to new places.. perhaps to someones bookshelf. That is the optimistic me.. the other me thinks that someone is buying them only to turn around and sell them at extremely high prices to people who do not know any better. Either way one more bookstore is gone. Yet I will still love the feeling of going into a bookstore(little sad that my options are decreasing) and looking at all the bright new books. I love that feeling and I think I could spend hours just looking at interesting books or sitting observing the happenings around me. It may be that the internet will replace bookstores if that should happen I will be very sad. There is just something neat about looking at books in a bookstore. I feel like I get to know the books there and it is nice to be able to just sit around and read or sit at a table and browse the internet. For me it is the atmosphere and it really gets my creative juices active. 
 
While looking through the slim supply of books at Borders I opened one that was some kind index of dreams. I thought hmm I wonder what it has to say about the image I had in my dream. You see I had this really odd dream(well all my dreams are strange) but I remember that there were crows in it. It said something about how it could represent my darker side or could symbolize escape and tenacity. I found it amusing at the least. You see I actually turned into a crow to help save my friends and family and gathered a whole bunch of other crows  to help in the fight. The dream book was not forthcoming with an answer. Here is my answer. I am often awakened by 5 or more crows. In Star Trek: The Next Generation there is an episode in which Data dreams he dreams of  crow/raven and he becomes the bird. A book I have read before and recently listened to on CD(called The Pyrdain chronicles) has a crow by the name of Caw, he gathers other crows together to help defend friends.  My conclusion is that the recent infusion of crow type stuff allowed me to use a crow in my dream.There is really only one good interpreter of my dreams and that is me. I still plan on making books out of some of my dreams due to their deep creative nature and potential.  


Tomorrow I get to sing in the choir for Stake Conference. I am pretty excited about this despite feeling a little unprepared.  I have been taking the advice of the choir director and taking time to know  the words and understand them. It is amazing how powerful the message is in the two songs we are going to sing. I just hope that the message can be conveyed as we sing. 

No comments: