Friday, November 28, 2008
trails
I am making trails that wind among each other so strangely sometimes I do not even get their pattern but I know there must be reason. Reason for the ways in which the paths twist beyond my sight. From where I stand I cannot see their end lost in haze of green and gray shadows. Maybe if I wander a bit on this path in that direction I will see what hides beyond it but no it just keeps going and I must keep on or turn another way. Sometimes I wish I could take a friend with me as I traverse these trails I do not think I can because I made them and maybe it is only I that sees them spread out before me. Maybe each of us are making our own and maybe it is possible they will cross at some moment. I will look up and see the silhouetted figure of another person looking ahead trying to figure out where the path leads or if they should follow or walk another way. Then I will walk forward and they will be startled thinking they were alone and then for that second the left over light shall illuminate their face and I will know them. I will say their name and they will smile. How did you come by this path I will ask and they will answer my walking lead me here. I do not know I just walked and I was just pondering upon the newness of the trail when you came up next to me. How is it that we find ourselves on the same trail? You know it is very rare? Yes I would answer. Shall we then take on this path together? Yes, for now. the my friend will answer with a smile. For now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment